- For most classes, wear comfortable clothing that you can easily move around in, such as you would wear to a gym. No loose, baggy clothing, jeans, booty shorts, or street shoes allowed. Hair tied back away from face.
- Hip Hop: street clothes and shoes are allowed, but be aware that you will be stretching so stay away from jeans or any pants that limit mobility.
- Salsa/ Rueda: Comfortable clothing/ street clothing is fine. Please be aware that athletic shoes tend to “stick”.
- Jazz and Ballet: Jazz and Ballet shoes, if desired, can be purchased inexpensively at discountdance.com. Jazz can also be taken barefoot. It’s a good idea to try a class before investing in shoes.
- Zumba can be taken with any athletic shoe as well as Jazz sneakers.
- Hip hop can be taken with any sneakers or athletic shoes- but no black soled shoes are allowed.
- Ballroom classes: Ballroom dance shoes are always ideal, but not necessary. Avoid rubber soles, as they inhibit turns. Light shoes such as Keds work great. Ladies- if you’re wearing heels, please make sure you can comfortably move in them. A good rule of thumb: if you can’t jog in them, you can’t dance in them!
- Most classes can be taken barefoot- no socks allowed.